Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthing


Always a surprise to follow the muse, where she leads I follow. This piece is unfolding in unexpected colours and shapes that come from intuition and dreamtime.
I stand and watch in fascination as the painting comes to life before me. I am learning to listen and trust inner rhythms more and more. Rilke says, "Allow your judgments a silent, undisturbed development, which, like all progress, must come from deep within and cannot be forced or hastened. Everything is gestation and then birthing. To let each impression and each embryo of a feeling come to completion, entirely in itself, in the dark, in the unsayable, the unconscious, beyond the reach of one's own understanding, and with deep humility and patience to wait for the hour when a new clarity is born: this is what it means to live as an artist."

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...