Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Shock of Touch

Dsc05190

Movement, change, light growth and decay are the lifeblood of nature, the energies that I try to tap through my work. I need the shock of touch, the resistance of place, materials and weather, the earth as my source. I want to get under the surface. When I work with a leaf, rock, stick, it is not just that material itself, it is an opening into the processes of life within and around it. When I leave it, these processes continue. ~Andy Goldsworthy

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

1 comment:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I know myself as a process painter...
I like the idea of connection into the process of life within...yes.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...